Vested Property Group PTY LTD (www.vestedpropertygroup.com.au) operates the following websites across desktop, mobile, tablet and apps (including any subdomains):
RESPECTING INFORMATION PRIVACY
We recognise the importance of protecting personal information. We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act“), such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act, including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs“), and applicable privacy regulations.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
vestedpropertygroup.com.au may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, gender, occupation, personal interests and any other information provided. For some services and products, vestedpropertygroup.com.au may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity, including information from your passport, driver’s licence, and health care and concession cards. If you access any of our services through a social network site such as Facebook, we will collect limited information provided to us by that social network site, such as user name, site ID and email address.
If you submit personal information to us in relation to an employment opportunity, we may also collect information about your employment and academic history.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
vestedpropertygroup.com.au may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources including, but not limited to:
- registering to use the Website
- logging in to use our Website via your social networking site (“SNS“) account;
- subscribing to receive Alerts/e-brochures and filling in forms, applications, surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the Website;
- contacting us for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the Website, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
- posting or contributing material on our Website; and
- applying for an employment opportunity with us directly, via an SNS site (eg. LinkedIn) or through your nominated referees.
We may also collect your personal information through our related bodies corporate, our service providers and third parties so that we may provide a better or more relevant service or product to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
More specifically, vestedpropertygroup.com.au may use personal information which it has collected to:
- ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide a better or more relevant service or product to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on the Website when you make enquiries of selected estate agents;
- combine your personal information with information that vestedpropertygroup.com.au has collected from its service providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons in order to provide you with a better or more relevant and personalised experience and to improve the quality of its services and the services of third parties;
- personalise and customise your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on the Website or the websites of vestedpropertygroup.com.au service providers and business partners
- respond to or provide you with service, products, information, and assistance that you request from vestedpropertygroup.com.au;
- contact you to conduct surveys, research, and feedback about our products, services or the Website;
- verify your identity when you register or log into our Website via your SNS account and remind you of your password and username;
- help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our products and services.
If all or part of this information is not provided, we may not be able to provide these services.
If you submit personal information to us in relation to an employment opportunity with us, we may also use your personal information to:
- consider you for the position for which you have submitted your personal information to us or any other positions that are or become available in the future;
- respond to you in relation to any future application you make for an employment opportunity with us; and
- contact your referees in order to collect the information you have consented to us collecting about you in order to consider you for employment opportunities with us.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
- use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
If we do contact you by using your personal information in accordance with either of the above, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, service providers or business partners.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to real estate agents or agencies, property developers, builders, retirement community operators and landlords that have listings or advertising on our Website and which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry;
- to our service providers, so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them, or to help us to provide you with our products or services. If you have subscribed to a service through the operating system on your mobile device (including, but not limited to Google’s “Google Now” service), we will disclose information such as your search history to Google. You can opt out of us providing such information to Google through the operating system on your mobile device;
- to third parties where you have requested information, services or products from them;
- if you have submitted an online rental application, to the property portal from which you accessed the service and property information businesses;
- in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business;
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
CORRECTION AND ACCESS
We will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Vested Property Group PTY LTD is committed to providing its customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints.
If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to your privacy or the operation of Vested Property Group PTY LTD, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may resolve your concerns.
Our Privacy Officer will consider your query and endeavor to respond to you promptly.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may combine our cookies, information collected through the cookies and web beacons on the Website with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies and web beacons and providing our cookies and information to third parties) and use analytics services such as Firebase Analytics – to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on the Website, and third-party websites. Our service providers and other third parties may do the same in order to provide more relevant services and advertising to you through other websites that you may visit.
APPLICATIONS, WIDGETS OR LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We provide links to websites outside of the Website, as well as to third-party websites. We also allow some third parties to display widgets and applications on our Website that allow you to interact and share content including social media buttons such as Facebook share and like, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. These linked sites, applications, and widgets are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the Website, or their collection of information through these third-party applications or widgets.
Last update March 29, 2017